Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, October 2, 2006

Well, the humor's intact ...

They took him off the ventilator this morning.  So now he's not only moving, but he can speak again.  He remembers walking in the park that day and nothing since.  He definitely recognizes family though this morning he did not use a single name.  It's required patiences as he forgets what happened and you have to often retell the story.  Chris showed him a picture of one of the grandkids and said that he didn't really grasp who it was, which was troubling.

A couple of hours later Chris calls me to tell me that he almost "punched the old man."  I of course asked why.  Chris was talking to him about all the people who've been visiting.  He remembered that I'd been there and asked where I was.  Chris told him that I'd had to fly home to be with the kids.  He looked at Chris in surprise and said, "What kids?!?"

Then my husband was nice and worked up about it he just smiled and said, "Just joking."

So yes, things are looking better.  Except that I have to go back to work tonight, blech.

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text