Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, June 26, 2006

Morning Randomness


In re-reading my last post, it occurs to me that it may sound like I'm more depressed over James's issues than is probably the case. I don't think that's true, I know that I'm over the worst of it really. He really likes his hearing aids and wears them all day without complaint. His language is improving by leaps and bounds and I look forward to his attempts at spontaneous conversation. He even sings and "reads" to his sister all the time, which just completely melts me every time -- see if you can resist ...




Helena was actually out here for a visit last week, it was so wonderful to see her. She brought a guest with her from Holland, he said he was looking forward to meeting a "typical" American family. (chokes) Needless to say I think we had a very good time and he left here with his team winning their World Cup match at the time and enjoying triple cheeseburgers from Wendy's, WalMart and learning what a Jack & Coke was. We also got to visit Columcille (www.columcille.org). It's pretty awesome when you have something as cool as a megalith park and meditation center right near your house.

One of things Helena said to me afterwards was really nice. She said that while she's very aware of our personal challenges, that it was very obvious that we had a loving family and that you could feel that love and general happiness in the house. I think that may have been a small epiphany for me, it reminded me of "Under The Tuscan Sun." At the end, the fresh water flowing from the old faucet as she realizes she had created the full life she'd been searching for.

So why am I taking my son to see "Cars" if I have to use rolled change to do it? Because with his hearing aids a movie all about cars is just the ticket to a really happy kid.

In other news, Child Services called ...


"Yes ma'am we realize this is a serious matter, but you see -- her father thinks he's a comedian."

Enjoy the day. :)

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text